Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Why do I see "IBM OS/2 WARP" eyeshade when booting my PC (Win XP)? I've never see this blue peak earlier! =x

This blind (IBM OS/2 WARP) appears before the Windows XP loading peak appear. I don't get why this is arranged as this has never happen before. Now it's up to BOTH of my pc and laptop. Is this some features of a virus? Thanks in finance for your replies!

Why do I see "IBM OS/2 WARP" eyeshade when booting my PC (Win XP)? I've never see this blue peak earlier! =x

Are you sure you have not set any "custom boot screen"? Search your Windows folder for a profile named "boot.bmp" This database maybe what is cause the OS/2 logo to be displayed (as the file itself is the logo). You can repress this picture in Paint, or delete it. Just produce sure, if you delete it, edit the record C:\boot.ini and remove the options call "/bootlogo" and "/noguiboot".



There could also be the possibility of having a dual boot system, but that's unbelievably rare. I've never hear of a computer with OS/2 WARP multibooting near WinXP. Possibly you have installed OS/2 formerly or after installing WinXP, but don't have it any more.



If the above mentioned are not the cases, you can use the Recovery Console of Windows XP to re-install the Windows XP booting method (Master Boot Record, Boot Sector, Boot Manager etc.) Details almost using Recovery Console can be found in Help and Support (in Start menu).

_______

Viva La Dvorak! - www.dvzine.org

No comments:

Post a Comment